Hello, and thanks for finding out more about my site.
My name’s Hass and I’m a self-employed dad-of-one (with another on the way) from Edinburgh. I’d like to tell you a little bit about why I’ve created Screen and Shield...
As lockdown became commonplace, my work quickly ground to a halt. My family and I were stuck indoors - living with my parents while our house was being renovated. Cases continued to rise across the UK and we were shocked to hear how key-workers on the frontline were struggling and didn't have the equipment they needed.
During week 1 of lockdown - with my dad in a high-risk category and my wife pregnant - we decided we needed start to start wearing protective coverings. I started shopping for good-quality solutions that didn’t compromise the medical supply chain. However, this turned out to be much trickier than I had expected...
The options available at that time seemed to be distributed by untrustworthy-looking websites, looked to be of poor quality, took weeks (if not months) to arrive and were extortionately priced.
I realised that I couldn’t be the only person facing this problem, so I decided to take action.
I set out to meet five goals:
- I had to be able to generate funds for charities that supported frontline workers.
- There had to be a strong focus on people to champion communities.
- The end result had to be high quality, reusable, comfortable and affordable.
- The materials had to be fit-for-purpose but not interfere with the medical supply chain.
- There had to be a wide choice of colours and styles. After all, everyone likes to look their best.
After 10 (very intense) weeks of research and collaboration, I’m very proud to share the results of this work. It's what I wish I could have found back at the beginning of all this.
Made in Europe, compliant with non-medical-grade guidelines and dispatched from my home town in Scotland, I hope our solution is everything that you, your family and friends are looking for.
Take care, and thanks for being part of our story.